Do you feel you lack concentration, focus or clarity?
We all find times that our heads are in the clouds and we feel a little bit disconnected from our bodies and our environment.
This can lead to being unable to focus on any tasks at hand or not feeling 'part of' the world around you. Being grounded means being fully present in your body and in the present moment, a feeling of connection, not only to yourself, but to all others around you. You are committing to yourself and your life. Being more mindful in your daily awareness can help you to stay grounded in the present moment, thus allowing you time to focus on what truly matters right now! Once you have more clarity, you can start putting your attention into what you really want in your life, where you want to set goals and achieve those long awaited dreams that you keep floating off to, but never take any action in creating.
So why is being grounded so important? It allows you to enjoy your life with purpose and intention. You are taking back the focus of your own life. You have all the power inside of you. And it starts with a few simple steps.
1. Mindfulness of Breath - Sit quietly anywhere, anytime and just connect to your breath. Simply be an observer of your breath, not changing or forcing it in anyway. When you become more aware of your breathing, you will be more effective in helping yourself at times of panic or anxiousness. So simply, watch your breathing, even when you notice the mind has wandered off, simply keep bringing it back to the breath.
2. Feel your feet on the ground - Take your shoes off and if you can walk around bare foot being mindful of how it feels to let your feet be free! If you can, go outside and walk in the grass and feel your feet connect with the Earth.
3. Dance - This is a great way to release tension or stress and truly ground yourself in the moment with upbeat music and letting your body move freely.
4. Acceptance - Accept every situation just as it is without control or resistance. The more you relinquish control, the more power you have, and the more control you seek, the less power you have.
5. Practise - All of the above but most importantly be kind and compassionate to yourself each and every day.